The Lookup endpoint can be used to perform exact matching on hashed PII strings (including email addresses). Unlike the Match endpoint, the Lookup Endpoint provides only a single RampID for a given combination of touchpoints.
If there is a maintained record associated with the input string or ID, the maintained RampID is returned. If a maintained record is not associated with the input string or ID, a derived RampID is returned.
All calls to the Lookup endpoint must be structured as batch request calls. You can pass in up to 1000 URL strings in a single batch call.
For more information on how matching works, see The Lookup Endpoint.
lookup_type parameter is used to specify the type of input data included in the API call.
key parameter specifies the hashed input data lookup value for the call depending on the
lookup_type parameter. The
key parameter is required for all Lookup endpoint requests.
|lookup_type Parameter||Required Lookup Value||Supported Input Data Values||Lookup Value Examples|
|md5||MD5 hashed email addresses||9b7ee2211f2658e9889960d8557086eb|
|sha256||SHA-256 hashed email addresses||ee3d7fe2d416373c74a38f44d0404635dcc273d41a9b1391a991f|
|sha1||SHA-1 hashed PII strings (including SHA1 hashed email addresses)|| Email|
Name + Email
Name + Phone
* Name + ZipCode
See the table below for information on the elements that can be included when constructing names.
|First Name||The person's first name.||Eduardo|
|Middle Name||The person's middle name or middle initial.||Kyu|
|Last Name||The person's last name.||Lopez|
|Generational Suffix||The person's generational name suffix.||Jr|
The rules listed below apply to all PII string types:
- Strings must be UTF-8 encoded.
- If a field is empty, it should be excluded from the string.
- Separate fields with single spaces. Don't add additional spaces if you leave out a particular field.
- Convert all fields to lowercase before hashing.
- Phone number should be digits only with no special characters.
- Hyphens are allowed except in phone numbers.
- Remove all periods (.) from name and phone fields. Do not remove periods from email addresses.